Some information about our cultivated freshwater algae:
Because of their large number of vitamins, proteins and amino acids, our freshwater algae are used in the pharmaceutical and food industries, among others. The two most famous freshwater algae are Chlorella and Spirulina. Most of them are used and processed in tablet, powder or capsule form. Chlorella itself is used as a so-called superfood because of its valuable amino acids, minerals and vitamins. This form of algae is even used for the prevention and therapy of various diseases. Spirulina, on the other hand, has a higher protein content of around 70 percent and around 20 amino acids.
Some properties and uses of the freshwater algae Chlorella and Spirulina in short:
– help in the detoxification process of the human organism
– contain proteins, minerals, amino acids and vitamins, among other things – Spirulina has a high chlorophyll content, protects against oxidation damage
– Processing as powder, tablets or capsules
– Chlorella is high in amino acids, minerals and vitamins
– Spirulina has many proteins and amino acids, vitamins, carbohydrates and enzymes, the protein content is around 60-70 percent